Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Digital Camera

I thought it would be fun to start a review section here at my blog. About once a week I'm going to post an item that I find indispensable. Something that I could obviously live without if I ABSOLUTELY had to, but why should I? Some things are brand specific and some are pretty general. Hey...Oprah has her "favorite items" so why can't I? Here goes my first.

One of my most favorite items in the entire world is my digital camera. I think I'm on my 6th one since 2001. I've had Canons, Kodaks, Olympus, and now the Sony. I have loved and enjoyed them all. I'm not one for the DSLR because I like to keep it in my purse. You never know when you will get that awesome shot and most of the time, you are not home when you stumble upon it. Cameras are not just for vacations and birthday parties any longer. Carry that camera with you and catch those Kodak moments!

So, do you carry your camera with you at all times? I think it would be fun to hear your answers.

Photo Above: I found this nest in the tree in our back yard a couple summers ago. It was huge! The harsh winter that followed totally destroyed it so by spring, it was gone. I thought this would be a much better picture for this post than a photo of my digital camera!

9 comments:

  1. Hi - I'm new to your blog! I just found you from the Blogging Buddies team on Etsy.

    I actually just got my first digital camera - I've been letting the hubby take all the pictures :-) But I was inspired to start blogging, so I figured it was time! Now I love it, although I don't carry it everywhere.

    Check out my photos - I take pictures of my crafts, make tutorials, and share kitchen and garden adventures!

    http://wabi-sabi-home.blogspot.com

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Used to carry my camera EVERYWHERE with me... In fact, it was a rare occasion when I didn't have it with me. Since newly married, am not as apt to do so now. (My husband calls my DSLR the "full metal jacket"...) I didn't want the camera to be the main focus - sorry for the pun - of our outings. After reading up on light meter tips & the likes, I started taking it with me more to practice. We are both liking the results & have developed (there goes another pun) a balance on when to have & when to leave home ;-)

    ~Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first digital was an HP in late 99 or early 2000. The Kodak was next. Now I have a Nikon, and I love it! The touch screen is really awesome! I like taking mine with me, too, although I don't always remember to "capture the moment."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I got my dslr I don't carry my camera everywhere because it's just too big to carry in my purse. It would fit but I"m always afraid of something happening to it, like my keys scratching the lens or something. I've been thinking about getting a small point and shoot to have with me wherever I go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in need of a good digital camera, my old Coolpix is shot, so all I have now is my cell phone! But I need something in the lower price category. What type of Sony camera do you have? I prefer a purse friendly camera myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i agree that cameras aren't for vacations & birthday parties any more & with the ease of digital cameras it is so easy to be able to snap that great shot. however i'm sad to say that even though i love taking pics i don't carry my camera with me & after reading your post i think that is something i will do more of carry my camera around with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have my phone camera all the time and usually only bring out my real camera in the Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sher,
    I'm bestowing upon you the Versatile Blogger Award! You can pick it up at OrangeBlossomCrafts.com

    Del

    ReplyDelete
  9. I carry my camera on me a lot of the time. I also take lots of pics with my Holga.

    That nest is so cool!

    xo,
    melissa

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...