Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Pink Lemonade Cookies

I made up a batch of these recently and they were very good. You use lemonade in the mix so the frosting actually has a "bite" to it. Everyone who tasted them seemed to really like them.

Cookies:1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 envelope of lemonade mix (I used about half, these are the small envelopes)
2 eggs
6 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream

1. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugar, and lemonade mix. Beat at med speed until fluffy. Add eggs and beat well.

2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternatively with sour cream. Beat at low speed, blending well after each addition. Divide dough into 4 parts and refrigerate about 2 hours.

3. Preheat oven to 350°.

4. On floured surface roll each portion of chilled dough into little over 1/8" thickness. Using 2 1/2" round cookie cutter (or cutter of your choice) cut dough. Place one inch apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 7 to 9 minutes. Remove to cooling rack and cool completely before frosting.
Frosting:4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
food coloring (optional but so cute)
Combine above ingredients and mix well. Frost cookies like little sandwiches.
Notes:This was so good but it made a lot of cookies. For small gatherings half the batch

6 comments:

  1. YUM, not only do they look good but they sound delicious. Sounds like a perfect summer snack

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lemonade and I think these cookies are right up my alley! Thanks for sharing your recipe. I'm bookmarking this page so I can try them later:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh they look and sound delicious! :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum they looks so good! I will have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely and yummy blog. I am sharing an award with you. Please come and claim your award icon at http://cravecute.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. My grandaughter would love these so I might have a go anything pink and she is in heaven

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...