Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mushroom Hunting


I had the day off and I decided to take a little break from crafting. I put on my hiking shoes and hit some local trails to do some mushroom hunting, while spending quality time with my husband. When I left, my hope was to find one or two interesting mushrooms to photograph. Imagine my surprise to find six different mushrooms! It was like hitting the mushroom jackpot.

Now don't ask me what they are because I have absolutely no idea. They just make for pretty photographs. But I am going to research them because I'm just curious if any are poisonous. Doesn't the puffy white one on the upper right look like a smurf? The white things in the top center picture are just weird! I have no idea what that is but it was growing all over the place.

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice relaxing day. We all need those ever so often

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I had no idea there were so many cool mushrooms!
    Around here when we hunt for mushrooms, it's the kind out get to eat :) But they're hard to find and are only available for a short time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you sure found some cool mushrooms!! Thanks for sharing your pictures! Sounds like it was a nice day for you and your hubby! :) Those are the best kinds of afternoons, aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did hit the jackpot. Very cool pictures and it sounds like you had a great day too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures! A Smurf mushroom...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love mushrooms!!! These look great!!!

    Joining you from the Etsy Blog Team.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous mushrooms...I have no idea about what is edible or not either:):)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the photos, mushrooms are always interesting subjects for photos I think. Cool find!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! I used to love going mushroom hunting when I was a kid (and lived in a wooded area where it was possible). We had stumbled upon groups of morel mushrooms. These are AMAZING fried in butter! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so cool.. I am so fascinated.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...