Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Chicago - Take a Break and Enjoy the Season!


For many people December is absolutely crazy. I am one of those people. Between my business, occasionally filling in at the animal clinic, and the holidays, I'm swamped! In my older age I've discovered that sometimes you have to put the smartphone away, step away from the fabric (if you work with it like me), and concentrate on having fun and creating memories with those you love.

I did exactly that this past weekend. It all began Friday when my granddaughter spent the night. We had so much fun baking and doing a craft project, one that is suitable for a three year old of course. The next morning we got up bright and early and hopped on the South Shore Train to Chicago! Of course we picked up mommy at the Portage stop, then off we went!

Our first stop was Winter Wonderfest on Navy Pier. It is the ultimate place to take kids of all ages. There was so much to do and quite surprisingly, the lines weren't that long for the children's rides. Our favorite part, and actually the part that cost nothing at all, unless you count our trip into the Disney Store, was walking down Michigan Avenue and seeing the holiday lights. Chicago is such a beautiful City. It's especially nice since it's so easy to get to with the train station just a hop, skip, and a jump away!



For a more local holiday treat, a trip to the Lighthouse Place Premium Outlets is always fun. It's always so congested in the summer when people come from all over to shop the most beautiful outlet center in the states. But in the winter, it's nice and peaceful, and most of the out of towners don't know about a cute little coffee shop across the street called Lakeshore Coffee. You will never find a better panini anywhere. And of course lots of great coffee and teas. They have lots of fun, holiday specials, and warm drinks. And the atmosphere is so sweet!

So, isn't it time you took a break and spent some time just enjoying yourself and your loved ones?

Merry Christmas!!!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds so fun Sher! I just to love when my parents took us into Boston when we were little. Cities are exciting and particularly beautiful during the holiday season. I am terrible about taking breaks!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE to read your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...